A pool brush is a must-have to add to your swimming pool supply list. It can help you get out tough stains on your pool walls and generally keep your pool squeaky clean. Our list of pool brushes will help guide you to selecting the right one for your specific needs. Also make sure to check out all of the criteria that went into our research below. Ready? Let’s get started.
Pool Brushes: Our Top Picks
Lalapool Swimming Pool Wall & Tile Brush
⭐ Most Affordable Pool Brush
The Lalapool Swimming Pool Wall and Tile Brush is a very affordable pool brush if you’re on a budget. Made out of heavy-duty aluminum, this brush is quite durable and lightweight. It’s designed for cleaning pool walls, tiles, and floors.
It measures 18 inches wide and provides a large sweep area, which will help you clean faster. The high-density nylon plastic bristles will not damage your pool and clean it efficiently. It also has curved edges, which will assist you in cleaning corners.
Lalapool offers products with a lifetime guarantee, an added perk! This brush is made to fit most standard extension pool poles.
- 💙【Premium Quality & Multi-scene use】Lalapool 18" Aluminium Swimming Pool Cleaning Brush is made of high quality aluminum and ABS plastic for...
- 💙【Flexible & Strong】Designed with poly bristles to help reach the toughest corners,metal backing provides enough strength to thoroughly clean...
- 💙【Wide Sweep Area】Measuring 18" wide, the Wall Brush Deluxe provides a large sweep area for quicker cleaning.Curved edges allow for brushing...
- 💙【Easy To Use】18" deluxe wall brush,it is compatible with most standard pool poles.With EZ Clips simply connect to telepole or pole and get...
- 💙【Guarantee】lalapool offers premium products for your pool while exceeding highest industry standards and offering impeccable customer care....
- Made from ABS and Aluminum
- Dimensions: 17 x 5.3 x 1.7 inches
- Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Large sweep area
- Cleans quickly
- Bristles can fall out with extended use
Aquatix Pro Heavy Duty Pool Brush
⭐ Best Heavy-Duty Option for Plastered Pools
Aquatix Pro Heavy Duty Pool Brush is a great heavy duty pool brush if you need something to get tough stains out of pool plaster. This is a professional-grade pool brush that cleans walls, floors, steps, and tiles with ease.
This pool brush features an aluminum top and steel bristles to ensure your brush cleans the walls well and lasts for years to come. Unlike soft nylon bristles, the stainless-steel bristles have greater scrubbing power against nasty pool grime.
It will also not cause damage to your pool lining if you have a vinyl-lined pool with some tough stains. Aquatix offers a 100% money-back guarantee, so you know you are getting your money’s worth.
The Aquatix Pro Heavy Duty pool brush is compatible with most standard pool poles.
- SAVE TIME: Pool cleaning can be a real chore! Aquatix Pro Heavy Duty Pool Brush Cleans Walls, Tiles, Floors, Steps Effortlessly! Picture perfect...
- EFFORTLESS: Heavy duty swimming pool brush glides and cleans even hard to reach places. Be the talk of your neighbourhood with minimal effort.
- BUILT TO LAST: Buy once and never look back! Deluxe wall brush, aluminium top, mega strong bristles, will not fall or break, no damage to your pool...
- COMPATIBLE: Designed to be ompatible with most standard pool poles (pole not included).
- OUR GUARANTEE: 100% money back guarantee whatever the reason - no questions asked!
- Made from aluminum and stainless steel
- Dimensions: 18 inches wide and 6.5 inches tall
- Weight: 12 ounces
- Easy to use
- Can get tough stains out
- Some bristles can fall out when used on rougher pool surfaces
The Wall Whale Classic Swimming Pool Brush
⭐ Best for Tough Stains on Walls
The Wall Whale Classic Swimming Pool Brush is a great option for scrubbing those tough stains on pool walls. This brush’s hugging action will direct the cleaning power to where it is needed, which will reduce strain on you and clean the pool more efficiently. It is a durable brush with nylon bristles that last up to four times longer than standard plastic bristles (this will save you money in the long run).
It is powerful, delivering up to 10x the force between the pool brush and the surface of the pool. You can use one hand while cleaning with this pool brush as the tail on it does all the hard work for you.
The Wall Whale Classic Swimming Pool Brush is easy, fast, and simple to use. It is 18 inches wide and will easily fit most standard pool poles.
- The tail holds the brush against the wall with more than 10x the force
- Brush with one hand
- Great for routine brushing or tough algae problems
- Made of plastic/nylon
- Dimensions: 18 x 2 x 12 inches
- Weight: 16 ounces
- Great for tough algae stains
- Easy to operate
- The “tail” can get in the way of cleaning some spots in the pool
U.S. Pool Supply Flexible Floor & Wall Pool Brush
⭐ Best for Above Ground Pools
The U.S. Pool Supply Flexible Floor and Wall Pool Brush is our top pick for above ground pools. This professional-grade pool brush is 20 inches wide and features a sturdy reinforced aluminum back handle.
This brush will not only clean your pool walls, it will also easily clean your floors, steps, and corners as well. It has five to seven rows of extremely durable nylon bristles and curved ends, which make it easier for the brush’s bristles to stay in contact on the walls and floor.
You can clean faster (with less effort) with the power of this brush that is easy to move around all slopes in a pool.
The brush also features an EZ clip handle that includes user-friendly EZ clip buttons that will prevent your fingers from getting jammed or pinched while you attach (or detach) a pool pole. When you push down on the EZ clip button, you can easily connect or disconnect the pole.
The U.S. Pool Supply Flexible Floor and Wall Pool Brush will fit all standard 1-1/4 inch pool poles. It is safe for all pool types and successful at keeping your pool free of algae and build-up. This company also offers a one-year 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you are not happy with it you can get a replacement or money back.
- 20" POOL SCRUB BRUSH: Professional durable 20" swimming pool cleaning brush with a sturdy aluminum reinforced aluminum back handle. Pole not included....
- FAST POOL CLEANING: Wide body pool scrubbing brush with 5 to 7 rows rows of durable nylon bristles and slightly curved ends. The bristles curve up on...
- EZ CLIP HANDLE: Handle comes with user-friendly EZ clip buttons that prevent your fingers from getting pinched or jammed while attaching or detaching...
- COMPATIBLE: Fits all standard 1-1/4" size pool accessory poles. Safe for all pool types. Ideal for use in keeping your pool free of algae, calcium...
- ONE YEAR - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Buy with confidence, as our premium quality pool brush is built to last, and if you're not satisfied with it...
- Made with nylon bristles and aluminum handle
- Dimensions: 20″ wide
- Weight: 8.2 ounces
- Good for cleaning corners
- Easy to clip on
- Can deteriorate on rougher surfaces
Milliard Extra-Wide Nylon Pool Brush
⭐ Best for Vinyl-Lined Pools
The Milliard Extra-Wide Nylon Pool Brush is really easy to use for vinyl-lined pools. This pool brush features stiff nylon bristles that work against stubborn build-up on your pool, but are easy enough to not tear up your vinyl liner.
The Millard Pool Brush is designed specifically for above ground vinyl-lined pools and is gentle on these surfaces. It is made out of ABS plastic which we found to be prety durable, but the bristles are not as durable. You may need to replace this brush every one to two seasons.
The brush is approximately 17.5 inches wide and brushes large areas quickly and efficiently. The ABS plastic handle is angled at 45 degrees, putting the brush in the ideal position for easy pushing. It also features curved edges to go around corners smoothly.
The Milliard Extra-Wide Nylon Pool Brush attaches to standard 1 ¼ inch pool poles.
- ABS plastic handle is angled at 45° to present the brush in an ideal position for easy pushing and effective cleaning.
- Stiff nylon bristles are effective against stubborn buildup, but are gentle on vinyl or painted surfaces. Designed specifically for use with...
- Brush is 17.5in. wide for brushing large areas quickly.
- Curved edges allow for brushing along corners. Fits standard extension pool poles.
- Made from ABS plastic to be durable and long lasting. Attaches to standard 1 1/4" pool poles
- Made from ABS plastic
- Dimensions: 17.5 inches wide
- Weight: 13 ounces
- Super durable
- Great for vinyl-lined pools
- Cheap price point
- Given how affordable it is, it will likely only last you for one or two seasons
Blue Torrent 360 Degree Brush
⭐ Best for Cleaning Corners
The Blue Torrent 360 Degree Brush is the best pool brush for cleaning corners in your pool. This pool brush is heavy-duty and does a great job keeping your pool corners clean. It doesn’t have any rough edges, so you won’t have to worry about scratches on your pool liner.
This corner brush is excellent for cleaning tight corners, ladders, wood decks, steps, and tiled surfaces. It features a 360-degree design and features durable polypropylene cleaning bristles to achieve an ultimate clean.
The Blue Torrent 360 Degree Brush includes a pole connection system that will fuse the brush and pole for added strength.
- DURABLE CLEANING BRUSH: Heavy-duty cleaning brush keeps your pool in tip-top shape all summer long
- 360-DEGREE DESIGN: Features a 360-degree design with long-lasting polypropylene cleaning bristles for an ultimate clean
- WON'T SCRATCH LINER: No rough edges means no scuffs or scratches on your pool liner
- CORNER BRUSH: Built-in corner brush lets you easily clean tight corners, curves, steps, ladders, wood decks, and tiled surfaces
- UNIQUE POLE CONNECTION: Includes a unique pole connection system that fuses the brush and pole together as one for added strength
- Made from polypropylene cleaning bristles
- Dimensions: 12 inches wide
- Weight: 11 ounces
- Great for hard-to-reach corners
- Won’t scratch your pool liner
- Fits most pole connections
- May need another wider brush for other areas of the pool
Recap: The Best Pool Brushes
- Lalapool Swimming Pool Wall & Tile Brush: Most Affordable Pool Brush
- Aquatix Pro Heavy Duty Pool Brush: Best Heavy-Duty Option for Plastered Pools
- The Wall Whale Classic Swimming Pool Brush: Best for Tough Stains on Walls
- U.S. Pool Supply Flexible Floor & Wall Pool Brush: Best for Above Ground Pools
- Milliard Extra-Wide Nylon Pool Brush: Best for Vinyl-Lined Pools
- Blue Torrent 360 Degree Brush: Best for Cleaning Corners
Our Research Criteria
Here are four factors we considered when determining the best pool brushes on the market in each category. Also make sure to read our full guide on how to clean your pool.
Durability and Materials
You’re going to want a pool brush that is durable and will last you for years to come. If you get a flimsy pool brush, you will not be able to clean your pool efficiently, and it will not last very long. The quality of materials that the pool brush uses is typically the biggest determining factor here.
The head of the brush is typically going to be made from plastic or aluminum. We preferred aluminum in our research, but still found some good plastic options for folks that are on a budget.
When it comes to bristles, the heavy duty brushes are going to have stainless steel bristles. The cheaper options will be nylon or plastic, which can still be a decent option if you have a vinyl-lined pool or don’t have some crazy tough stains to get out.
Design is everything for pool brushes and determines how well they will clean your pool. For example, you want the design to be durable but gentle when it needs to be (depending on what type of pool you are trying to clean).
For example, the Wall Whale Classic Swimming Pool Brush has a unique tail design. The hugging action will direct the cleaning power to where it is needed, which will reduce strain on you and clean the pool more efficiently.
Here are a couple more watch outs when it comes to design.
First, the width of the brush matters a lot. If you have a big swimming pool, you need to cover a lot of surface area, which a wider brush will help you accomplish.
Second, you also want to make sure the brush can handle the corners and tough to reach spots around your pool. Brushes with slightly curved designs or a 360-brush (like the Blue Torrent option) can help you clean those tough spots and prevent bacteria and algae growth.
Easy to Use and Compatibility
No one wants a hard-to-use tool for cleaning. The right pool brush will do your job easily for you and take less time to complete. The design of the brush is actually a big determining factor here. The right design will provide the maximum force on the brush head with the least amount of effort.
Compatibility is also super important in finding the right pool brush. You need to find one that is going to fit any extension pole that you either already have or can pick up for a few extra bucks. Most of these pool brushes don’t come with an extension pole, so make sure to grab one as well if you don’t have a pole already.
That’s it for pool brushes! Any questions on them? Drop us a message.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Participation in these programs helps us keep the lights on at PoolResearch.com and in no way impacts our research process or editorial opinions.