While having your own pool can make swimming more convenient than ever, diving into a pitch-black pool can be more than a little scary – it can be a safety hazard. This is where pool lights can come in. Along with keeping you safe every time you feel like taking a night-swim, many pool lights can also help create a relaxing atmosphere as well.
However, with so many choices out there, finding the right set of pool lights can feel impossible. We reviewed and assembled a list of the best pool lights on the market.
Our Favorite Pool Lights
We found 6 pool lights in our research that beat the competition. Below are a bunch of details about each of our recommendations.
50W LED Pool Light for Inground Swimming Pool
⭐ Best LED Light
Designed to provide all the light you need in the daytime or nighttime, the 50W LED Pool Light is a heavy-duty option meant to offer maximize brightness. Unlike some bulbs, which can use much more energy than they need to, this efficient bulb saves up to 80% of energy.
Installing this light in your pool is easy too. All you need to do is to unscrew the old bulb and replace it with this LED light. Although it may not fit some smaller house fixtures, this pool light is designed to fit most houses.
If there’s an issue with the product, Happox offers both a replacement guarantee or no-hassle money-back guarantee if you find that the light doesn’t live up to expectation.
- HIGH BRIGHTNESS - Designed to replace incandescent bulbs in pool fixtures, high brightness OSRAM LED chip are ideal for swimming pool bulbs.
- COST SAVING - 50W LED pool bulb replaces up to 300-800W incandescent bulbs. Energy saving more than 80%.
- EASY TO USE - Unscrew the old bulb and replace the LED bulb. Support AC85-277V input. Note: This version is 120V version and does not support AC/DC...
- COMPATIBLE LIGHT HOUSING - Bulb Dimensions: 3.74*4.72Inch. Fit most pool housing except small SPA fixture, such as Hayward astroite TMSP058 series,...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - No hassle money back or replacement guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the purchase, we promise to refund your...
- Replaces 300-800W incandescent bulbs
- Saves up to 80% energy
- Comes with a money-back guarantee and free replacement
- Easy to install
- Not compatible with 12V housing
LOFTEK Floating Pool Light
⭐ Best Floating Lights
Although these LOFTEK Floating Pool Lights may be designed to light up your pool during the night, they can also double as a toy for night-time swimmers too. With ten different balls, you can easily spread these colorful lights out across your inground pool. However, some people may also choose to put these lights in above-ground pools, ponds, garden, or even a fountain.
To make these lights even more waterproof, the battery box on the bottom of the lights have been upgraded to be completely waterproof (so there’s no chance of accidental damage or destruction). Even in thunderstorms, heavy rain, or other extreme weather changes, these lights are designed to hold up.
To add a little bit of decoration to these lights, you can switch between the two modes (flash and fade) as well as change the color on the lights to fit the theme of a party or season.
- ►►[Important Note]: Must first fully tighten the battery lid after receiving the items from Amazon, otherwise it will be damaged by water!!! 45...
- ►[Floating Lights for Pool 10 Packs]: LOFTEK lights ball are not only for floating pool lights, light up pool toys adult, pool fun accessories for...
- ►[Color Changing and Easy to Use]: LOFTEK glow balls light with 7 steady colors, and RGB color changing mode (flash and fade), color your life with...
- ►[Full Waterproof and Drop-proof ]: We optimized the bottom of the battery lid to make pool lights floating full waterproof as IP67, and upgrade the...
- ►[30-70 Hours Battery Replaceable]: LOFTEK floating pool light ball, powered by 2 x CR1632 batteries(batteries included), it lasts 30-70 hours, we...
- Comes with 6 extra batteries
- Made with vinyl
- Batteries last 30-70 hours
- Waterproof: IP65
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Colors can change
- Long battery life
- Even if the light isn’t turned on, batteries may still draw some power
Floating Pool Lights Battery-Powered Floating Flowers
⭐ Best Battery Powered Lights
Whether you’re looking to add a little extra decoration to your night-time swimming or need colorful lighting for a special event, the Floating Pool Lights Battery-Powered Floating Flowers might be what you need. With foam material that makes these lights look like lotus flowers, these floating lights can easily spread across most water surfaces. Unlike some lights, the colors on these flowers won’t fade when they’re put in the water.
There are seven different color changes and the lights transform slowly from one color to the next. While the batteries in the lights can provide up to 100 hours of continuous light, replacing the batteries is easy. The bottom of the flower is also designed to be waterproof so that they rotate more smoothly in the water.
- ☻☻☻UPGRADE QUALITY☻We have a new design patent.We optimized the bottom waterproof battery box to make it rotate smoothly.In order to bring the...
- ☻☻☻BEAUTIFUL & LIFELIKE☻Lotus Made of good foam Material, Very lifelike Artificial Flowers have bright colors with excellent color fastness...
- ☻☻☻7 COLORS CHANGEABLE☻We now adopt the gentle and comfortable slow flash transformation, which is no longer uncomfortable dazzling light(Red...
- ☻☻☻BATTERY CAN BE REPLACED☻Every lotus include 2 CR2032 and Provide up to about 100 hours of continuous work, so it can be reused just with...
- ☻☻☻VARIETY OF USAGE☻Easily floating on the water, the flowers are great decorations for water features, home and special events like Weddings...
- Batteries have a 100-hour lifespan
- 7 color changes
- Made with foam material and dragonfly decoration
- Colors stay vivid when the flowers are put in the water
- Lasts longer than some other choices
- Slow color change transformation
- Might not be as durable as some other options
Life-Bulb LED Color Pool Light Bulb For Inground Pool
⭐ Best Inground Pool Light
While floating lights might be convenient to use whenever you want to, they can’t always provide the same brightness or coverage as the LED Color Pool Light Bulb from Life-Bulb. With a lifetime replacement warranty and 24/7-hour customer service, any issues that you encounter with the Life-Bulb Pool Light doesn’t need to turn into a major ordeal. If you have questions or think there’s a problem with your product, all you need to do is pick up the phone.
Keep in mind that the lifetime warranty guarantees free replacement during the first year after purchase, but after that, customers can get a replacement for 50% off the current purchase price.
Newly redesigned, the Life-Bulb’s updated model is meant to last much longer than its predecessors. With 16 different color modes that include red, green, cyan, and even white, this vivid inground pool light can illuminate your pool during the night.
- Please Read carefully before ordering this bulb.120V bulbs are not suitable for the 12V housing.
- Lifetime Replacement Warranty - See description for more detail, 24/7 Customer Service
- New Model 2019 - Scientific design brings longer long life to this LED Pool light bulb. See online video for remote operation.
- Easy Replacement: Medium base (E26), unscrew the old lamp to replace the LED bulb, Compatible with Pentair Amerlite 789 790 791 series, Hayward...
- Weighs 1 lb.
- 16 different color modes: 9 light shows and 7 fixed colors
- Includes a remote control for convenience
- Several different color settings
- Lifetime replacement warranty
- Lightweight and portable
- Cannot be used in a 12V light system
- Meant for inground pools only
Moonbrook Submersible LED Waterproof Lights
⭐ Most Affordable Lights
Regardless of the occasion, the Moonbrook Submersible LED Waterproof Lights can provide all the fun and vivid lighting at a more affordable price. For convenience, these lights include a remote control that works within ten meters of where the lights have been set up.
Unlike some pool lights, which must float on the surface to avoid water damage, you can submerge the Moonbrook Lights in the bottom of your pool, a water fountain, or even take them indoors if you want to. As IP68 waterproof, these pool lights are versatile and can light up any area you put them in.
When you’re using them, these batteries can last up to twelve hours, ensuring that they’ll provide all the lighting your party or special occasion needs. If you aren’t satisfied with the 4-pack that you receive, Moonbrook offers a complete refund as well as 24/7-hour customer service if you have any questions.
- ♥Create an Atmosphere: Unique Floral Design and Variety of Lighting Patterns, Using Diving Led Lights as Decorative Lights to Provide A comfortable...
- ♥LED Remote Control Diving Lamp: 24 Key Infrared Remote Control Within 10m Range, 4 Dynamic Color Changing Modes (Flash / Stroboscopic / Fading /...
- ♥Safe and Waterproof: the Best Thing Aabout this Home Accessory is that it's IP68 Waterproof, Which Means that These RGB Lamps Work Well both...
- ♥Energy Saving Remote-Controlled: by Three AAA Batteries (Excluding Batteries), Will Last 10-12 Hours with Qualified Dry batteries, Easy to Replace...
- ♥AFTER-SALES SERVICE-100% Refund if You are not Satisfied with our Products, Whatever the Reason. If You Have any Questions, Please Feel Free to...
- 4W power
- 10 SMD bright LED chips
- Made with plastic
- Uses 3 AAA batteries
- 10-12 hour battery lifespan
- Can be used as indoor or outdoor decorations
- Comes with a remote control for convenience
- Portable and lightweight
- Plenty of different light and color modes
- Shorter battery lifespan
- May not be as durable as some choices
HAPIKAY 2019 Solar Floating Pool Lights
⭐ Best Solar Lights
One irritating aspect that come with pool lights includes replacing the batteries. While some batteries may last up to 30 hours, using your pool lights on a regular basis also means replacing those batteries regularly too. Fortunately, that isn’t an issue with the HAPIKAY 2019 Solar Floating Pool Lights. With this product, there are no batteries included.
During the day, you can leave the lights in your pool and allow them to charge. Once the sun begins to go down, the floating lights will start to work. Although they’re designed to provide light, these large 14-inch balls can also double as night-time toys for you, your kids, or even your pets.
Keep in mind that these floating lights come with a full refund if you aren’t satisfied within the first 30 days and a 2-year replacement warranty if there’s an issue with the product.
- 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐕𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐔𝐄𝐒...
- 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐔𝐍 - These floating balls add brilliant color, energy, and excitement to...
- 𝐌𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐈-𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐎𝐂𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 - These outdoor...
- 𝐍𝐎 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐘 - These glow balls are naturally charged by...
- 𝟏𝟎𝟎% 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄 - This will quickly become your favorite...
- Contains 1 14-inch ball
- Ball changes color every 25 seconds
- Has a charging time of 6-8 hours in the sun
- IP68 waterproof
- Can double as a night-time toy
- No need to hassle with batteries or “plugging in” these floating lights
- Can hang from an attached loop
- Two reparative patches are included
- May not work as well on overcast or cloudy days with less sunlight
- Can’t be cleaned with chemicals or traditional cleaning products
Recap: Best Pool Lights
- 50W LED Pool Light for Inground Swimming Pool: Best LED lights
- LOFTEK Floating Pool Light: Best floating lights
- Floating Pool Lights,Battery Powered Floating Flowers: Best battery powered lights
- Life-Bulb LED Color Pool Light Bulb For Inground Pool: Best inground pool light
- Moonbrook Submersible Led Lights Waterproof: Most affordable lights
- HAPIKAY 2019 Solar Floating Pool Lights: Best solar lights
Our Research Criteria
Here is the research criteria we use to determine our top picks for pool lights and some factors to consider when purchasing pool lights.
Since pool lights are designed to illuminate your pool, it’s essential to find a light that can provide all the illumination you need. For large inground pools, you may need to look for lights that come with higher wattages or voltage.
Smaller pools or ponds may not require as much light – they may only need the brightness emitted by one or two floating pool lights.
Ease of Installation
Before you buy anything, it’s always essential to make sure that the pool light will be compatible with your pool. For instance, some 120V lights may not work well with 12V pool systems. One reason that many buyers choose to go with floating pool lights is that there’s no need for installation.
Rather than trying to hook it up to your pool system, all you need to do is turn them on and let them float across the surface.
With any product, durability is always crucial. Even the best pool lights can quickly become worthless if they aren’t capable of lasting more than a few months. It’s always a good idea to check what material the pool lights are made of. Vinyl and plastic, for instance, tend to hold up a lot better than foam or paper lights.
One concern with floating pool lights is that they aren’t always durable. Some floating lights may not work after getting scratched or may require repairs before they’ll work again.
Accessories and Added Features
One crucial factor to take into consideration about pool lights are the added features. Since many buyers choose to use their pool lights during special events or parties, it’s important to look at the special features. Some pool lights may include different light modes and several color changes while others may only have one or two different colors.
While there’s nothing wrong with simplicity, the amount of accessories and add-ons that you want should depend on what you plan to use your pool lights for. If they’re only meant to be functional, having plenty of different color modes might not be worth it. If you want to use your pool lights as decoration at parties or special events, you may want more accessories.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Participation in these programs helps us keep the lights on at PoolResearch.com and in no way impacts our research process or editorial opinions.